Sunday, July 7, 2013

Girls and Boys

I had an interesting encounter today. I went fishing with a couple friends and they got bored with it and started wading into the water. I was wearing pants to if I was to join them my only option would be to get into my skivies, but one of the friend is a girl and I found it sort of indecent. She however said it would be ok for me to take my jeans off because we are all in a relationship. What does that have to do with anything?

I think it's interesting that folks my age always have dating in the front of their mind. It affects every social interaction we have. Most girls won't even have a simple conversation with me at College parties because they know I'm in a committed relationship. Their goal in a social setting like that is always to date. Or at least some attention to how pretty they are. Why can't I just chat? Why must all social interactions deal with dating? People need to grow up.

In any case I got ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment