Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Clearing My Mind

There is something about cruising down the road on your  motorcycle that just clears the mind, and after my ride this evening I think I know why. You have to concentrate on the road. Or even more than that, you get lost in the miles you put behind you.  Being on your bike in the open air is so liberating. It is almost an hypnosis. But not so much that you lose track of where you are going or that you need to be careful. I understand people who only ride just for fun. I hate driving my car. If I could I would ride a motorcycle everywhere. If I had the dollars I would ride different motorcycles like girls pick out different outfits. Just cruising around town? I'll put on my small displacement water cooled ride. Going on a highway cruise? Pick out my big bore cruiser. Wanting to look spiffy? Ride my new old schooled Triumph or Honda CB1100. If I could pick up every basket case and barn find I could off of craigslist and ebay, and fix them all up. Unlike my father who buys stuff and won't fix them up, but that is a whole other can of worms...

In any case, I love motorcycles. I love riding them, I love fixing them up. Here is my current ride: Ole' reliable  himself the Water Buffalo.

No comments:

Post a Comment